pippin;560702 Wrote:

> Now for the question to you iPad owners: how do YOU use your iPad?

It depends what I'm doing and which app I'm using. The apps that really
uses the landscape mode to add extra navigation/browse possibilities
works really great in landscape mode, for example the IMDb, Wikipanion
and Mail apps. When reading longer texts (books, pdf's and similar) and
when I'm browsing the web I'm mostly using portrait mode. I suspect the
usage is divided approximately 50/50 in my case.

When I think about a Squeezebox controller app, I think landscape mode
would be most useful. Squeezebox is more about navigation than reading
long texts. So I think you should focus on making the landscape mode
great and then just make it work in portrait mode for users that want
to use that.

Possibly a reason for portrait mode might be that most docking stations
requires it to be in portrait mode. However, personally, I just have it
on a stand in landscape mode with a loose cable connected to it. This
makes it a lot better Flickr photo frame when not used.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))