garym;561972 Wrote:
> as the jewel sleeve user, I'll note that the sleeves are a little larger
> than normal (so there is room for the full inserts without cutting) and,
> I suppose more importantly, there are two "slots" within each sleeve.
> One is lined with a soft "felt like" material for holding the CD
> itself. Probably not necessary but this may be one reason these cost
> more. They will send you a free sample if you want to check them out.
>
> Once in a while they do a major sale on the sleeves. So I just stocked
> up in the past. And this is all rounding error $$ compared to what I
> spend on the CDs themselves anyhow ;-)

The Jazz Loft sleeves sound similar in that they have enough room for
all inserts.  The front booklet goes in one pocket and the back insert
and CD goes in the other.  The pockets are loose enough to fit a
booklet and CD in the case of 2CD sets.  The difference from your
description is the felt lining - the Jazz Loft ones are just a straight
polythene-like material.  One thing that does worry me a bit is that, in
the sleeves, the CD faces are right up against the insert on one side
and the plastic sleeve on the other.  In a jewel case, the CD only
really touches anything near the spindle and the rest floats free.  I
don't know whether this has implications for longevity.

You are right that the cost is marginal on a per CD basis but I had a
biggish collection (100s) to catch up with and there were international
postage charges on top of the price I mentioned above.  Anyway, I might
try the Jewel Sleeve ones when I need a new batch.

Thanks for the information.

--
Zoltan