aubuti;562021 Wrote:
> This is a longstanding and fairly well-known issue. Pandora has not yet
> provided the API that Logitech needs to enable 192k streaming on SBs.
> And if you look at Pandora's fine print, it does say that 192k is only
> available on the Pandora web player (to quote: "When listening on the
> web, experience 192K bits per second audio.") SBS is not the web.
>
> Both Pandora and Logitech are aware of the issue, and Pandora is
> reportedly working on it.

I don't think I would go so far as to say they are "working on it".   A
pandora response to my query April 2nd, 2010:

"We're a small company and we simply don't have the resources to do
everything we'd like to do all at once. Someday we will re-engineer the
Pandora API so in-home devices like yours can receive higher bit-rate
audio. Thanks for your patience."

As I interpret this response they are not even working on it, yet.
I'd say it is on their radar but whether they intend on doing anything
about it or not is a different story.    Granted this was 3 months ago
so somebody may have evidence that they are working on it since then
(but I haven't seen it).

-Dan

--
danull