Unfortuantely I can't remember exactly how I set it up but I have
SqueezePlay running as an app in the native software (although you can
run it in Ubuntu if you use a memory stick) however it's a great
display/controller for all my Squeezeboxes. I did a couple of other
hacks to update the wireless driver and change the behavior of the
backlight so it doesn't go into standby with running Squaeezeplay. I
might sound smart but I just followed instructions I found on line to
do all this, the clever people are the ones that wrote such good
instructions!

--
Bearfaced