pichonCalavera;565541 Wrote:
> Hi, I got a little confused, I thought this script would allow to show
> my Squeezebox library on foobar, select the songs, and those would play
> on my Squeezebox hardware, but after understanding the web page, this
> works by using the local foobar library... and sending those songs to
> play on the Squeezebox hardware right?
>
> Having said that, I got it to work as intended after following the
> instructions on the web page.
>
> Windows XP.
> Foobar2000 1.0.3
> Squeezebox Server 7.5.1 (running on the same PC as Foobar2000).
> Squeezebox Classic (a.k.a. SB3)
>
> Played a song on foobar2000, and I could hear it on the Squeezebox.
>
> Thanks!, this is great stuff!, this sure will come in handy
Hi, yes that's right, the Squeezebox Server SQL library is completely
bypassed.  Actually the Foobar2000 media library is much faster to
update and search.  This solution will actually play any audio file
whether it is in your Foobar2000 media library or not.  There will be
some more updates in a month or so thanks to Marae on Hydrogenaudio who
is working on getting the Foobar2000 seekbar to work - his code is great
but usually a little dirty so I will clean it up and tweak it before
posting a revised binary.

--
stuffedspacedog