I wanted to start a separate thread to show my appreciation and
hopefully others’ appreciation for the hard work by pippin for the
iPeng app for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

I know there is a separate thread for the announcement of the recent
iPeng update.  That thread is focused on technical issues to give
feedback to help with future improvements.

This thread, on the other hand, is focused on just showing appreciation
for the hard work of the developer.  I am sure that the amount of time,
effort and expertise that went into the iPeng app far outweighs any
revenue he has received.   I am sure he hasn’t been able to quit his
day job.

Sometimes when I am burning the midnight oil on a project where I might
perceive that the tangible and intangible benefits don’t exceed the
costs, I might eventually burn out.   In those situations just a little
positive feedback is enough to keep me on track.

The value I have received from iPeng far outweighs the minimal cost of
the app.  I saved on having to buy a separate Logitech controller.
$10 vs. $2-300. seems like a pretty good deal for me.   I already had
an iPod Touch and now an iPad so it was an easy decision to go with
iPeng.  The convenience of iPeng for controlling my squeezeboxes has
added to their value tremendously and made listening to music that much
more enjoyable.

Thank you.

--
mortslim