pvm4;568150 Wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to use my squeezebox v3 as a means of streaming music to my
> receiver. I'd like to use it like one would an airport express where I
> stream the music from itunes on my mac to the squeezebox and then
> connect the squeezebox to my receiver using SPDIF. The reason I'd like
> to go that route rather than using the squeezebox UI is that I have an
> iphone and there's a remote app that allows me to control itunes from
> my iphone. Anyone know if this is possible? If so how do I do it.
> thanks.
>
> David

not in any easy direct way if I understand your question. You can tell
SbS to "integrate" with itunes, but you're not using ITUNES as your
music library or interface. But do you realize that there is an app
(iPENG) for your iphone that controls all your SB players and the
SqueezeboxServer software. It's a fantastic app (better than the itunes
app REMOTE). I use itunes for loading stuff on my ipods and iphones but
have never looked back after getting SB players for home use. and the
ipeng app makes them perfect.

p.s. do keep in mind that SbS will NOT play any itunes songs that were
purchased with DRM. So if you have lots of these type song files,
that's a problem.

--
garym