fphredd;568805 Wrote:
> Wish I knew an emoticon to show my face green with envy...didn't start
> seeing Dead shows until 1978...aaahhh, the good ole days :)

Way off topic now, but yep it was the good ole days! My first concert
as a young teenager was the Grateful Dead, 12/26/69 (SMU Auditorium,
Dallas Texas). Interestingly enough, I can actually stream that exact
show from Live Music Archive!  Of course everyone's taste differs and
different age groups have their "classic" years, but I always thought I
was lucky to be able to see many of the rock classic artists in their
prime. I went to virtually every concert that came to Dallas/Ft Worth
from 1969 until about 1977. So I got to see Jimi Hendrix, The Doors
(with a very drunk Jim Morrison during the 2nd Show), Janis Joplin, Led
Zepp in 69 or 70, the Bob Dylan and the Band during the 73 or 74 "before
the flood" tour. And I got to see people like Stevie Ray Vaughn when he
was playing the back room (not even the main stage) at little clubs
like "Mother Blues". In '73 I saw Bruce Springsteen in a club that
probably held 150 people (Gerdies on Lemmon Ave), and maybe only 30
people were there. Very few people had ever heard of him (this was the
tour around his second album, probably his first national tour). I only
went because a friend from Austin had just seen him at Armadillo World
Headquarters and raved about the show. He blew the roof off Gerdies and
I guarantee those 30 people were instant fans. And even better, he and
the band stood at the bar during the set break (yes they played Sets!)
and chatted with anyone who was around.

I better stop, I could go on forever....

--
garym