05mattjax;570647 Wrote:
> Could someone please explain in simple terms the above feature?  From
> what I read enabling this feature will turn on your PC/Laptop/NAS from
> power off and start the Squeezebox Server?
>
> If so can I use it in my set up? I have a laptop and a Netgear ReadyNas
> Duo (The NAS is what I use the most).  I tried it on my laptop - I
> turned the feature on (MAC was already entered by iPeng) and shut off
> my laptop, fired up ipeng but nothing happened.

why would you need WOL for a readynas. Not sure it would work anyhow,
but the point of the READYNAS DUO is that it is on 24/7.  A WOL is for
a computer where it goes to sleep and the WOL function wakes the
computer up when you use ipeng to select and play music.  But again,
your readynas is on 24/7 anyhow.

p.s. most WOL functions only work on computers that are attached via
ethernet. There are some wifi WOL network adaptors but they are not
common. So if you laptop is connecting wirelessly, it is doubtful that
WOL would work with it.

--
garym