ROBBIE BURNS;570566 Wrote:
> as a junior forum member and a new sb clsassic user i recently requested
> some advice and assistance (which i got thanks), but this doesnt seem to
> have solved my problem, maybe its how i described what am trying to do,
> so here goes again.
>
> Im currently ripping my cd collection using mm to store as flac file on
> hdd. I have a lot of compilation cds (from one of my favorite music
> mags) which i have ripped individually using mm and are on hdd. In
> hindsight i only wanted specific tracks, so I amalgamated these tracks
> into one new renamed folder on my hdd. It was recommended that i have
> sb rescan the whole library which i did,  but sb is still showing the
> entry for each disk and not the new folder containing all the tracks i
> wanted to retain.
>
> Is there a way that I can have sb remove each of the individual
> listings and the tracks and have it dispaly only the new renamed folder
> containing all the tracks culled from the original folders now sitting
> on my hdd.
>
> Its probably how ive done this A over T!, but any help or suggestions
> would greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Use MM (or mp3tag) to add ALBUM ARTIST tag, and enter, say, "Various
Artists" as the Album artist on all these songs. (leave track artist as
actual artist). Then change the album name of all these songs to the
same thing (as I think you want these to be all treated as one big
compilation album). This could be something like "Mixed Singles". Then
add a COMPILATION tag (with a value of "1" without the quotes).  Then
in SbS settings select the option of listing compilation albums
together (or something similar). Then do a clear and rescan within SbS.
When you're done, you should have an artist listing of VARIOUS ARTISTS,
and under this a single compilation album named "Mixed Singles" then
under this all these songs, with track artists correct.

But maybe I don't understand exactly what you're trying to do. I guess
I think of the world as "rip all my CDs to FLAC, tag them all properly,
with album art, then play the songs I want to play. I wouldn't want to
just rip my favorite songs and create a giant "best of" mix tape for
myself. I can use playlists to do the same things BASED ON having ALL
the song tracks in my library.

--
garym