ModelCitizen wrote:
I'm sorry to post this again, but as SlimServer seem to run very badly
for only me and no-one else at all, I'd really appreciate a reply from
someone who understands the technicalities of exactly how the database,
scanning, indexing and song/genre/artist/album listing works. This is my
original question:

I put reviews and bio's of the group/album into the Flac comment tag
(this can be a lot of text, sometimes a small essay). Is it possible
that this could somehow cause very slow rendering of
song/genre/artist/album listings (and what appears to be temporary
lockups)?

slimserver does indeed extract and store COMMENT tags (in the "comments" table).

However, this should not cause listings to render slowly, as far as I can see.

Unless of course a track object is created for each line in the listing and there is a lot of comment text to be pulled from the DB. I don't think this is the case though. Others more qualified than me might have a definitive answer.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com

If a man speaks in a forest,