Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on whether I should consign my 5 year
old SB2 to the scrapheap.  This little unit's had a *lot* of use.

No recent changes to my system, but turned it on one day to discover it
was silent.

Boots up fine and logs onto to my local squeezebox server.  Loading any
internet radio seems to work ok, buffers up fine, the current track name
on Radioparadise shows up but the audio level screensaver stays static
at about 3bars left&right & there's no sound output.

Playing tunes off my local library has the same effect: level bars are
static, squeezecenter shows that the track is being played ok (ie the
track time advances).

The rest of my players (4 SB2s & 3 booms) are working fine.

Running squeezebox server 7.5.1 - r30836. XP Pro.
Same problem if logged onto mysqueezebox.com
Hard reset of the player has no effect.
Have ensured it's not synced to any other players.
No router probs & as I say, the unit can access the internet.
No obvious probs on the player audio settings in SBServer settings.
Router/server powercycles of no help.
Amp works fine with another unit.
Pressing & holding '3' on SB powercycle (which I thought was supposed
to give a test tone) just goes straight to 'Set Up Networking')

I'd normally suspect a router / firewall problem but the fact the rest
of the players are fine suggests otherwise.

Should I stick it in the freezer for a few hours??
Or move to a Touch..

--
JJP