We can all see his short coming, Technology! The reviewer didn't even
investigate that with VB one doesn't need to "know" Linux. One doesn't
use a CLI with VB unless one wants to. One uses the built in WebUI with
all the shares on auto-detect. I know enough Linux to use a server
version but I don't because VB makes it so easy to move my files from
my MACs and Windows PCs with the built-in WebUI.

I guess the reviewer didn't both to check what support was available
from the Manufacture, the Vortexbox website, and Forum. One simple
glance at the first support pages shows even the most computer OS
illiterate person that no knowledge of Linux or use of CLI is needed.
Simple easy instructions that only require the use of a keyboard on
another PC on the network. Basically, one sets up the VB and forgets
it. All interaction can be from any PC on the Network if one choices
especially if one is ripping with something like dBpowerAmp on a
Windows PC.

He is basically a poor reviewer when it comes to equipment he doesn't
use or understand. Instead of looking to see how the VB is or can be
used, he starts looking for unnecessary workarounds and puts another OS
on the VBA. He makes no attempt to discover the true beauty of a set it
up and forget Music Server.

Then to top everything off, he is back on the expensive 'Magical' SATA
cables. He just can't let that go. He reminds me of an AudioFool not an
Audiophile.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio