I'm hoping someone can help.

I just bought a Slim Devices vintage Squeezebox (S/N 202B3AA, maybe the
original version?) that the original owner purchased in Sept 2004 (He
sent the original invoice with the SB).

It powers up and connects to my network, detects my SqueezeCenter,
connects and prompts me to press and hold the brightness button on the
remote to begin the firmware upgrade. I have a Squeezebox3 that I've
used for years, so this was something I expected.

When I press the brightness button, the player almost immediately
displays "Squeezebox Home" "Now Playing" "1 of 9" and no longer
responds to anything from the remote. I select the player in the web
interface and get a message that it needs the upgrade.

Current firmware version is 39 (My SB3 is at 123)

I'm still using SqueezeCenter 7.3.2 - 24695 and it does everything I
want/need using the Fishbone skin.

Power cycling the SB brings it back to the same point. It has the
networking info from the previous setup (wired ethernet, static IP) and
I can scroll through the Setting menus. But attempting the firmware
upgrade consistly makes it unresponsive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jim

--