peter;576494 Wrote:
> Sorry, I'm not going to buy an iphone app, when an ipad app is -
> hopefully - just around the corner.
>
> Of course, you're free to do want you want with your money. If pippin
> makes too much on the iphone app he may not bother finishing the ipad
> version ;)

That's a little below the belt ain't it? I wouldn't dare to make
statements in regard to how many iPengs have been sold world-wide, but
I'd guess it's  closer to 1000 than to 10000. If you look at the way
the app has been designed and how it's been perfected, you just know
there is a lot of development in this app. Even if he did earn €20.000
by selling this app, in my opinion, that ain't too much. There are
plenty of guys in the appstore developing useless apps, that are poorly
designed and shameless copies of concepts designed by others in years
gone by, who earn a whole lot more by selling their apps.

And iPad is even more scarce, so I'm guessing iPeng HD will deliver
even less revenues to the developer. Although ofcourse, most of the
knowledge that has been gathered while building iPeng for iPhone can be
reused, so development time is probably less too. At the same time,
knowing the way Pippin seems to work, he is working hard on finding a
smart way for the UI that utilizes the iPad's larger screen. I'm
guessing it will be a totally different experience from Squeezepad too,
which works fine, but I still find myself using my iPeng everytime
because SP doesn't use the large screen in a smart way. Almost
demanding an upgrade from iPhone to iPad seems a bit odd in that sense:
it will be a totally different app.

Anyhow, the point is, ofcourse it's ok for you to decide what you will
and will not buy. But they will be 2 totally different apps and
therefor it is ok for the developer to offer it as a separate package
and have you pay for them. At €7.99 it's not that steep, not if you can
afford to buy an iPad anyway.. ;)

--
hvb83

SB Receiver, Marantz SR5004, Harman Kardon HKTS11
SB Radio
SB Server 7.5.1 running on a Synology DS210+ NAS
iPhone running iPeng 1.2.5 and iPad running SqueezePad