nicketynick;579493 Wrote:
> I would have agreed with you in the Slim Devices days, but I'm not so
> sure Logitech isn't more interested in moving down-market (mass
> market). I noticed on the US logitech site that they're packaging the
> touch with some mid-market (to be generous) Logitech 'computer'
> speakers. I guess I'm cynical, but I would bet they will make further
> efforts to get down to mass market in order to compete with Orb.
> Hopefully they keep a unit with decent audio specs as well, but......
Not to sound too pessimistic, but...

Logitech isn't interested in "moving" down-market. The company already
is down-market. Similarly, Logitech can't bundle the Touch with
up-market speakers, because it doesn't offer any up-market speakers.
Squeezeboxes are a breed apart from the rest of the Logitech family,
and inevitably the product line will be dragged down to the
least-common-denominator level of Logitech's other products.

--
TiredLegs