I asked a similiar question a while back... my issue was that I wanted
to control Slimserver playback via the "standard" (read:pc) media keys
built in to most modern keyboards. Since these "media keys" are not the
same across all platforms (I assume)... and since many of these
keyboards are =not= configurable... I asked if some sort of user
configurable "media key-command" setting could be added to Slimserver
itself. I remember someone mentioning that only certain Web UI
interfaces are capable of parsing these kinds of keystroke commands...
ExBrowse in particular (not sure about the others).

Unfortunately, the issue never generated any interest.

--
Yannzola