Well obviously you need to have wifi if you have a Duet -- the SB Duet
Controller only works wirelessly. I am fairly sure that if you setup
the SB Duet Receiver for ethernet that it automatically switches off
the SBR's wifi radio.

I am also fairly sure that wiring the Touch and Radio do _not_
automatically switch off the wifi radio on those players. Fortunately
these are the two Linux-based SBs. There is a script available with an
entire suite of software modifications for the Touch, one of which is
turning off the wifi. If you know your way around the Linux command
line you can probably pick out the necessary lines that only disable
the wifi radio.

See this blogpost by soundcheck
(http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/p/squeezebox-touch-great-base-for-network.html)
and this thread in the forums
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79857) for more info.
Like I say, soundcheck's software mods do a lot more than switching off
the wifi radio, so you may also be able to find a more "a la carte"
method for doing that than trying to extract the relevant lines from
the script.

--
aubuti