OppfinnarJocke;584055 Wrote:
> I am a little concerned about the requirements about "MUST be connected
> to wired LAN", that flattermann wrote in the first post of this thread.
> I won't ever have my player connected by wire, no way.

That only applies if you want to newly configure a player.
SqueezeConfig connects to the player over the network so the player has
to somehow be connected to the network before you can configure it. You
can't send the WiFi password to a WiFi device thet's not on WiFi over
WiFi,... you get the point.

In your case, however, the player _is_ already connected to the
network, it has just lost it's server so this will work.

iPeng would show the player as "unconnected" in this situation and
flattermann will maybe sometimes also add a feature like that to
SqueezeCommander but right now it should definitely work with
SqueezeConfig.

--
pippin

---