Well, it obviously shouldn't happen, but when the two players for some
reason play at slightly different speeds skipping may occur when they
are re-synced. I've had this happen A LOT when using the Controller in
sync. The Controller plays so much slower, it is heard as a difference
in the pitch. (At least this was the case some time ago. Hopefully it
is better now, I haven't tried lately.)

You can try decoding FLAC->PCM server-side, and fiddling around with a
setting called something like "sync frequency" found somewhere in the
server settings (will check this later) to make it less noticeable.
Would it matter which way the players are synced, just a thought..?

Are others who mix the old and the new generation of players
experiencing this? I never thought about it in these terms before, as I
mostly only use the Receiver & Boom in sync, Radio only occasionally.

-Skinny

--
Skinny

This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.