Mark White;584443 Wrote:
> I'll post my results in taking your several reset suggestions. It's
> heartening to hear that there's hope.

Plenty of hope.. sometimes (very rarely for me.. I think 3 times in the
5 years I've been watching my SB's breed) the Xilinx gets confused.
Since it does all the decoding and grunt work, when it gets confused,
the rest of the player THINKS it is playing but nothing comes out.

The power plug can be a tight fit, as well: there have been several
cases of "it reboots all by itself" that were simply the power plug not
being seated all the way.. it gets a bit tight and feels snug when it
isn't.  Don't hammer it in, of course, but press it a bit more firmly
and it should seat fully.  Also not much of an issue in reality since
most people aren't unplugging/replugging their SB's all that often.

--
snarlydwarf