I ordered a Touch, a duet, a radio and a battery on the Logitech web
site with a promotion code gathered on Internet (SQB15).
It all went OK and the -15% was applied on all products. I paid and my
order was confirmed on the web site.
A week after, I have no news and I can't see my order on Logitech's
website. I call Logitech and they tell me that my order has been
cancelled.

As simple as that.
Not even a single mail to me to tell me about the cancellation,
nothing.

It seems that there is a problem with the promotion code. That there
would be some restrictions on the total amount of the order, ... So
then, How could I get all the way thru the credit card payment screen
then ?

I had already noticed that there is something weird about Logitech
promotion codes when I tried to order an Harmony years ago (actually it
was returned because it just didn't support any of my devices even the
most common ones).

Logitech tells me that, of course I can make a new order but what's the
chance for it to go thru better this time ? What about the promotion
code that expired since then ?

Actually, I had tried to order from Amazon.fr before but the shipment
of the Touch to Belgium was restricted because it's a MP3 player (On
the other hand, the Duet and Radio could be shipped. For Amazon, those
are NOT mp3 players !?!). By the time Amazon sorts this restriction
out, their -30€ promotion code had also expired and there is nothing
they can do about it **

Am I paranoiac or could it be possible that everytime I try to use a
promotion code, the vendor finds a way to cancel it ? Are those
promotion code real ? Or are they just to attrack attention ?

That's now 6 weeks that I try to get those products. I ordered a
Dockstar and Ipeng and a duet on ebay in-between. I spent days reading
this forums to setup a squeezeplug (I like than, I'm a techy) and I
spent night trying to resolv scan issues, connection lost problems;

But now, I feel like I just spend too much time for something that is
supposed to make my life happier. I still haven't listenned to the
first mp3 thru a SQ appliance. I begin to think that perhaps I'll be
the only one who can manage this setup at home...    if I get it
delivered to us eventually.

I read everywhere that Sonos 'really works' and I now seriously
consider getting it out of the shelves in Germany. But I wait for
Logitech's help-desk answer before because I'm curious.

Anybody experienced that before ?

** About Amazon, how can they announce a promotion in the limit of the
existing stocks when they say there is only 3 items in stock ? During
the 2 weeks, I discussed with Amazon, not a single unit was sold !

--
reniera