erland;585169 Wrote:
> It is possible to setup rating integration between SBS and iTunes so
> ratings changed in SBS will be written to iTunes, there are two
> solutions, either TrackStat/Custom Scan or iTunes Update plugin or a
> combination of both:
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_support_for_ratings#Configuring_iTunes_as_the_rating_storage
>
> Besides this, I also a few years back started to work on a portable
> sync plugin, the intention was to make it possible to sync files in SBS
> library with an external directory and only sync files that matches a
> filter, for example ratings 4 or 5 in SBS. It's currently in alpha
> status and I'm not sure it even works with latest SBS, but if someone
> is interested in writing some code the latest version is available
> here:
> http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/svn/PortableSync/trunk/src/
>
> Note, do not try the Portable Sync plugin unless you know how to
> read/write perl code, it's not ready for normal users and I don't plan
> to support it at its current state. If some developer is interested in
> continuing the work, I'll be happy to give an introduction about the
> current code available, I don't have any plans to finish it myself as
> you can't sync music without going through iTunes with the iPod
> Touch/iPhone/iPad devices.

Hi Erland

Sorry wasn't that clear in my post, I actually run Linux and use
Banshee to sync music from my mp3 collection to my ipod and iphone.

I have actually found a way of doing it, I used your playlist generator
to pull back the 4 & 5* tracks into a static playlist and then I can
import the .m3u into Banshee.

There is some manual edits to do to replace /flac/ & .flac with mp3 but
I'm sure there is a way of automating taking a copy and doing the
replace in a cron job. The only other problem I noticed was that
Banshee doesn't like the first line on the playlist

#CURTRACK 0
#EXTM3U

If I remove the #CURTRACK 0 then it imports successfully, so again
looking to automate removing that line.

I think the answer will probably be no, but is there any way of
automating the playlist generator action rather then going into SB
server and running the generation?

Thanks for you help
Ian

--