bigblackdog;585750 Wrote:
> (...) I have approximate 66,000 songs all in apple lossless and it seems
> that my system is 'slowing down'. (...)
> Would seem to me that if the server has to do less work then should
> free it upmarket bit

By default, when you play a format not supported by a player (such as
Apple Lossless Audio Compression on the SBR), it is converted to FLAC
for streaming to the player. You can disable FLAC compression if you
wish to ease the CPU load a little. The audio is then streamed as
uncompressed PCM to the player. The only difference is a small increase
in your local network traffic. Sound quality is unaffected.

In the Web UI, go to Server Settings --> Advanced --> File Types. For
Apple Lossless, choose FLAC [Disabled] and make sure PCM is enabled
[faad]. Click Apply.

You may need to restart the server.

-Skinny

--
Skinny

This sentence says less than a list of audio equipment.