Goodsounds;591333 Wrote:
> Nice of you spend the time to describe these instructions, though
> something tells me that the people who are inclined to do this may not
> need the help.
>
> I have a consistently functioning system of SB devices, but I'm
> decidedly non-technical. Any explanation that goes much beyond 3 lines
> loses my interest. If I want to listen to music elsewhere, I grab a
> smartphone, an Ipod or a USB drive.

I've tried to make a "what music should I take with me?" decision but
I've never had anything but cassettes/CD's and I tended to make full
albums.

Digital players have made different habits is younger people. They are
song oriented.

My phone has plenty of storage for music and the interface is simple
(even supporting transcoding/down-sampling) but I still completely
enjoy having thousands of CD's available wherever I go. I never really
"got" iPods but having everything available from almost everywhere has
really re-invigorated my music listening since I started Squeezing. I
don't need the visual cues I used to get by browsing albums/cds by
looking at their spines to decide what to listen to. I just say to
myself "I want THIS now" and it happens.

I agree that technical folks will figure it out but I also think that
Logitech is missing the boat by NOT stressing the everywhere
capabilities. This may be because they could never hope to justify
supporting "music anywhere" over the phone. Anyway, from my Linux
experience, I thought an attempt at an authoritative "how-to" would be
helpful.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them..