Today is the last day where Apple releases updates to the AppStore ...
and tell you what: SqueezePad 1.7.0 slipped through in the last minutes
- must be christmas - and I am so very excited !

Now SqueezePad brings you a very special new feature: Music-Playback
directly from your iPad.
After a lot of really hard work now your iPad becomes a little
Squeezebox on its own.

Unlike other Apps out there, SqueezePad is able to stream:
- your local music
- internet radio stations
- songs from your Apps like Last.FM or WIMP.
- stuff from MySqueezebox.com

You find this feature as an in app purchase (half the price of
SqueezePad) in the players menu. Just hit the 'Activate iPad Playback'
button and you can either test the feature 15 minutes each day or buy
it directly.

As my beta testers and I cannot test all music streams and files of the
world I definitely recommend testing first ;-) - if any of your
preferred streams doesn't work please contact support so that we can
find a fix for that!

The following music formats are directly supported:
mp3, aac, alac, wav, aiff, pcm.

With the help of your Squeezebox Server you can also stream FLAC and
OGG to your iPad (the server will convert them to either WAV or MP3,
based on your server settings). WAV works out of the box, for mp3
you'll need to install the LAME codec.
If your Squeezebox Server runs on a Windows machine even WMA-files are
possible without problems!
Spotify right now unfortunately isn't working, but Triode is working on
a solution already, which will be available next year (I heard a
prototype is working already :D )

With iOS 4.2 (you did upgrade already, didn't you) you will get even
more convenience:
Your iPad will continue to play music even when you leave the App.
Please be aware, that when you stop your music for more than two
minutes, iOS will still suspend the App. You will need to enter the App
again to start some new music.
You can also control playback outside the App via the 'iPod Controls'.
Double tap the home-button of your iPad and then swipe right - here you
can control volume or skip tracks as well.

Other things changed in this version:
- when showing coverart, embedded art is now preferred over album art.
This makes it possible to have different cover for each song of an
album
- the alphabetical index in menus is much easier to tap, without
erroneously selecting a song
- there was a crash, when you tried to show a context menu on a menu
separator
- sometimes the playlists didn't reload when you reentered the App
(iOS4.2 only)

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.