I too have noticed occasional auto rescans, even though I have turned
scheduled auto rescans "off" (which I confirmed, and the time if "on"
would be 10 am), in my settings. I now run SBS 7.5.3 but had the same
experience in 7.5.1. Yesterday I found the SBS rescanning my playlists
two different times unprompted (a few hours apart) in the afternoon.
Both times playlists disappeared as i was searching for them on the web
interface, and then I noticed a rescan (for changes) was in progress. I
have been making some changes to some album tags on some new music in
my iTunes library (Mac OS 10.5.8), but see no reason for a rescan. I
don't use MusicIP. Any ideas on what might be causing these unprompted
rescans? Erland, could SQL or Dynamic Playlists plug-ins (which I have
active but have not been using) somehow trigger this?

Thanks,

Robert

--
Robert57