> Yes, yes, I know, nobody uses that,

You are user #3 after two weeks that reports the problem :)
I think I'll send the current version to the AppStore now. Wanted to do
some other features, but I have enough small bugfixes which justify a
bugfix release I guess.

pippin;599370 Wrote:

> Would be interested in this because I also get these reports of cases
> where iPeng keeps running (albeit in the foreground, not in the
> background) although it should be suspended. I suspect iOS has some
> changes in 4.2.1 that cause this. More specific, I've found timers to
> fire even though the App should be suspended but then it's hard to
> really know since Apps never get suspended when using the debugger....
How do you determine a running state?

In think in my first tests I used backgroundtasks - if these do not get
deleted when one is finished,  your App will run even longer then
10minutes.
I then had some crash-reports 24h later, when iOS decided to kill the
App because of a non finished backgroundtask.

Now I'm using different means to not get killed by iOS when streaming
stops.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.