Great thread! I have a couple of ideas/answers:

I too love muso for its album-oriented approach; I tend to play only
albums. Some better logic (or custom tag) for detecting albums and
discarding singles would be good (e.g. 'Tubular Bells' has only two
(very long) tracks, but it's an album, some 'maxi' singles have 8-9
tracks, but they're singles, not albums).

I nearly always find what I want by searching (Google generation,
clicking is too slow...), so fast search is a must (it already is, I
suppose), and I love the way Squeezebox currently returns artists,
albums, etc., not just tracks, so I can search for 'X' and then go
directly to play the album containing 'X', or the track, or whatever. I
guess I'm saying search is already good, but don't forget to make it
better!

I like to play music from an artist I'm going to see a few days before
the gig, so with some social integration (e.g. SongKick, Last.fm),
perhaps Squeezebox could do things like say 'hey, you're going to see
these guys soon, want to listen to them?' (if I have their music
already, or otherwise let me buy it or whatever).

Finally, this one is a bit vague, but perhaps some kind of remote 'info
display' -- for example, I have Squeezebox 2s and control them using IR
remote, phone app or my laptop. If the Squeezebox had a video out, it
would be cool for it to display on my TV a now playing screen with
things like cover art and metadata (more than can be scrolled on the
SB2 display, for example). Obviously the Squeezeboxes don't have video
out, but what if the TV were attached to the server? Or if the server
could send this now playing info to a remote media streamer (I have an
Xtreamer attached to the TV) or something?

--
IMGrant