I'll chime in.  I have the same issue.  Wireless connection from the
Touch to the router.  Wired from the router to a QNAP TS-110 NAS which
hosts the Squeezebox server and music files.
Occasionally, when I first start playing a 24/96 FLAC album, I get the
"rebuffering" a couple of seconds after starting to play the album.
The rest of the album plays fine.
I tried a couple of experiments to narrow it down:
1.) Installed Squeezebx Server on my desktop computer.  Even with a
wireless connection from the computer to the router, I never saw the
issue.
2.) Back to using the NAS to host the Squeezbox Server, but now with a
wired connection from the Touch to the router, the problem still
happened, but MUCH less frequently.

So the issue appears to be a combination of whimpy processing power in
the NAS, combined with a wireless connection to the Touch.  I can't
really make sense of it.  The connection strength of the wireless to
the Touch is 100%, and I don't get dropouts when running the network
test on the Touch.
I can add a bunch of extra traffic on the wireless network (like
downloading a Hi-Res album from HD-Tracks to my desktop computer or
transferring files from the computer to the NAS) while playing the
Touch, and never have a problem except at the very start of the album,
so it seems like data rate on the wireless network is more than
sufficient.

It is a minor irration, but I hope it gets fixed someday.
I am running the latest released versions of the SW and firmmware.

Terry

--
TerryS