I had a similiar issue on a winxp machine a while back also using a usb
sound card.  It turned out to be the hard drive was starting to fail.

I had errors in the system event log regarding the inability to access
swap.

I replaced the drive and have never had the dropouts since.

If there's nothing suspicious in the event logs you can try the -H
option to raise the process priority.

I've only had two issues with dropouts on windows systems, the bad disk
and wasapi on win7 during development.  The wasapi issue was fixed by
making changes to the portaudio library config.

If all else fails run squeezeslave with these additional parameters
-dslimproto -dslimaudio_output -dslimaudio_http -dslimaudio -Ydebug.log
and I'll take a look at it.

--
ralphy

Ralphy

*4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *11*-Squeezeslaves
'Squeezeslave' (http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.