alexir Wrote:
> Hmm... I'm not sure I understand... Do you mean if the sb2 is connected
> to the laptop on the other end? My situation is a bit different - I
> have a cable modem on the other end of that long cable. Or did you mean
> that I can connect the cable to my laptop, negotiate for 10mbit and the
> quickly connect sb2?
It is I who misunderstood your plight. I thought you had your laptop
running slimserver, and the SB2 connected at the other end of that long
cable (creating a peer to peer configuration).

Now I understand that you have trouble connecting with both the SB2 and
the laptop.

It would be best to get an up-to-spec, working cable installed that
allows your systems to operate as expected.

Sorry for the distraction.

--
MrC