Maditude wrote:
radish Wrote:
If a router is cheaper (as they often are, especially with rebates etc),
buy that and just don't use the WAN port. I have done that several times
with success.

Is there some sort of trick to this?  I got it all working without too
much trouble (WPA) and the wireless squeezebox was sounding and looking
great.

Then, my daughter turned on her computer, and complained that she
couldn't connect to the internet.  After a little investigation, I
notice that 192.168.1.1 (which should be my WIRED lan's router IP
address) was now showing up with the name of the wifi router.

Change the LAN IP address of the wireless router to 192.168.1.2 and turn off its DHCP server.

--
Bill Burns
Long Island   NY   USA