Just in process of moving a Squeezebox2 (Firmware 40) from my cottage to
my house.  Functioned great for many years, in a very straightforward
wired/router network, with SBS and MyMusic on a Mac.

For my home network, I have a new install of SBS 7.5.2 on a good sized
desktop with not much of anything else running on it, XP SP3.  The PC
is connected to a 4-month-old DSL service-provided 2Wire router via 200
MB Powerline Network Adapters.  The adapters' status shows excellent
transmission strength.

MyMusic is on a Time Capsule attached to the router, which is used as a
NAS (and as a WAP).

The SB2 is connected to router via ethernet, so the whole stream is
essentially wired.

Music streams just fine.  With player display set to show Buffer, it
stays at 99-100%.  However, when I add even a single new song, a second
or two later the buffer drops way off, and sometimes even stops playing
to rebuffer.  If I add a whack of songs (say the whole Zeppelin
library) it will almost always have stop playing and rebuffer
(sometimes several times), as it adds songs.  Music is mostly MP3, some
AAC.  Have tried with various songs/albums/artists to eliminate specific
files as an issue.  Frustratingly, this appears to happen most times,
but not all the time, sometimes adding musinc doesn't seem to affect
buffer at all.

Between the hardwiring and the buffer status when playing, I don't
think it is a network issue.  Based on symptoms, I would have suspected
an issue with the player (if the buffer can hold a minute or two of
music, why would music drop out during the few seconds it takes to add
music to Now Playing?) but there has been no changes to the player
firmware, etc.  SBS version is a possibility I guess, as it was never
an issue in old environment.

I have cleared cache and reset preferences, and rescanned library (took
4 hrs for ~14,000 songs).  Still the issue.  I am going to experiment
with a couple of things to try to isolate (older SBS version,
temporarily replace the powerline leg with cable) but would appreciate
any input on other things to look for.  Maybe some new Add-ins are
causing some issues?  Transcoding (I think both MP3 and AAC are set to
native).  Also very willing to check/provide logs, etc. if told what to
look for.

A potential workaround is to sync music onto the PC so the server and
My Music are on the same computer, but I would then be complicating
things, and I think the systems should work as I've described...

Thanks,

Jim

--
larjim