themightyw;603046 Wrote:

> Just don't want to buy one if it's about to be replaced by a new
> shiny!

No one that knows the answer will answer here.

However, based on my own feelings, the Radio is the last Squeezebox I
would expect to be replaced with something new.

Touch -> Could be replaced by a new product new with more CPU/memory
for built-in server
Boom -> Could be replaced by a new product with color/touch screen and
based on the new SqueezePlay firmware.
Duet -> Could be replaced by a new product based on the new SqueezePlay
firmware, basically a Touch without a screen.

The only possible reason to replace the Radio would be if they plan to
release a new Boom, but that would still feel strange because the Radio
has a more attractive physical size than the Boom so I think there is
room for both products.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))