Fahzz;604049 Wrote:
> On my system, the relative volume between My Squeezebox and the server
> is significant. On the controller, when My Squeezebox is used the
> volume can be set at "10", but when I use the server for my own music,
> the volume needs to be increased to at least "40" to play equally
> loudly.
> Is this the norm?
> If not is there a fix?
> I used album gain on my music files.
> Thanks!

yes this is the norm. I use replaygain (smartgain - album gain when
playing album, track gain when playing random mix from different
albums) on my own track playback. And most RG adjustments are to
DECREASE volume. But internet radio, etc. is not getting replaygain
adjustments in playback, thus much louder. You can turn off your album
gain, but that sort of defeats the purpose of the replaygain stuff. I
recall some discussion in the past on trying to figure out a way to
apply some RG type adjustments to internet streams, but I don't think
it went anywhere.

--
garym