- More images of your music collection
- More Screensafers
- Better player syncing
- Mysqueezebox.com - Player Switching
- Better Search
- Drag'n'Drop for the playlist
- TrackStat Ratings
- IRBlaster integration
- Big Screen with Album Covers for selection
- Something else

bluegaspode;604898 Wrote:
> I think this will be too complicated.
> - from the UI that has to configure that
> - for the user who has to be asked multiple music sources for each
> subgroup in a setup, when it is activated.

The way I see it the first point doesn't have to be too complicated -
it is basically a two-level grouping: When you define a scenario, you
create and assign one or more groups to the scenario and assign each
player to exactly one group.

I didn't really consider the second point - possibly because I rarely
sync players during playback, but I can see how this could cause
problems:-)

You might also be right that it is overkill - and I don't have the use
case for it at the moment either. The main reasons for the idea was:

1) It seemed logical that the app should always know and control the
state of all players.

2) Sometimes players are logically connected and should never be
unsynced (i.e. our "living room" and "kitchen" are not separated by
walls so playing different music on those would be quite confusing so
they are either both playing the same or one of them is switched off).
If you have more players like this it would make sense to be able to
keep them synced even when you change group setup.

> When users switch sync settings they typically do that for a particalur
> reason (i.e. starting a party, going to the bathroom, going to the
> garage ...).

I only change sync settings if my wife wants to listen to something in
the shower and I want to listen to something different in the living
room or vice versa:) the rest I control by switching players on or off
- but that may be because sync control from the players is so lousy:)

> Rarely I think this involves using multiple non-overlapping sync-groups
> at once (and even if: they could be activated with one click more).

Probably true!

> From your scenarios I see an interesting use case though: Until now I
> only thought about synching a group of players -> but not unsyncing.
> So I need to think a bit more about how users are supposed to get back
> from scenario 3 to 2.

By making sure you don't just activate a group but a complete scenario
that covers the sync state of all players;)

> One solution would be to unsync everyone else that is not in the group?

That would probably satisfy my needs.

I haven't really thought about what should happen to the playlist when
a group is unsynced (partially or completely) - going from my scenario
1 to 2 or 3 to 2. In my case I would probably prefer that the "old"
group playlist was transferred to all players involved, because
sometimes the playlist "belongs" to the bathroom, and sometimes to the
rest of the house.

BTW: Again, based on my use, no matter how groups are defined and
synced, it is important that syncing or unsyncing doesn't change the
on/off state of players!

--
ThomP