I have ipeng, ipeng for ipad, and squeezepad.

I used ipeng on iphone for a long time, but now I find squeezepad to be
my main music controller in the house.

Squeezepad interface is IMHO, simpler and cleaner for just controlling
music playback, which for me involves selecting a music source,
navigating my favorites menu, and controlling volume.

I wish squeezepad could use the volume toggle to raise / lower selected
squeezebox volume

I wish squeezepad had ipeng's system for showing which players are
linked, and the same way to unlink/reconfigure.

I wish ipeng for ipad had a simpler ui

I love the software player in squeezepad -- great for testing out
streaming stations when I'm hunting them down

ipeng does a better jobs of showing the POWER STATE of all squeezeboxes
-- perhaps you need a bunch of squeezeboxes before this becomes
important, but I wish squeezepad icons conveyed power state

I wish both of these had some relatively simple way to do an 'all off'
-- I have 6+ players...

Still wonder why there's no straight port of squeezeplay to iOS... not
that it would be BETTER than ipen or sqeezepad... just that it *should*
be possible :)

Thanks to both the respective authors!

-Ross

--