For the records:
When Pippin talks of 'manual WOL' it just means you have to manually
press a button.
Automatic WOL (i.e. sending out a WOL to a configured target on a
regular basis) exists in SqueezePad as well.

As often said SqueezePad focusses on keeping stuff that you need
everyday easy and intuitive. Things that one only needs once a month or
less are left in their original menus.
And lets face it: both depend on the SqueezeBox server which limits
what both can do most. This just leaves some small areas like multiple
screensavers or how to render the synchronization state.

So its not just single users that write me stuff like this
> after fiddling with ipeng and its interface for a long time, I tried
> squeeze pad and was immediately hooked. Very clear, very fast, a joy to
> use. Yes ipeng has more features, but to control your squeezes
> squeezepad is more than enough.
which underlines this is a good philosophy.

In the end it's up to the user but personally I would never trade
feature count against my joy to actually use the stuff ;)

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.