tedfroop;610330 Wrote:
> I had SBS set up on my netbook running Win7 (full version) with an Atom
> 550.  You should have no problems running either OS.
> Where this config will show its lack of horsepower is in ripping
> performance.  For that reason Vortexbox may be your best bet for an OS.

I've got Vortexbox running in a VM with 256MB (and limited to one
processor) of memory and it outperforms my main box which is a 3GB
dual-core 3Mhz running Bista Bizness. (It's library has about 1K CD's
in M4A.)

It really depends on whether you want to do anything else on your music
server..

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless