Here is the crux of the problem via screenshots:

1. The mapped drive can be seen in Explorer. I have set that SC must be
started manually to ensure the mapped drive can be seen first by the OS
just in case (note: this has been working for about a year now this
way)

2. The same mapped drive can also be seen in Server Control Panel.
However, when I select it and either apply or close the panel, it will
revert back to a C:Users\music folder.

3. In the Server Web UI settings browser, if I click "browse" for the
music folder, the drive does not show up. If I type the path in the box
instead of browsing, it will revert as above.

Frustrating stuff...

|Filename: WebUI settings.JPG                                       |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11397|

ob_kook

Duet --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII
SB2 --> Denon AVR4800 --> Klipsch KG4
Squeezebox Boom
Squeezeserver running on a virtual Win7 machine within 2008 R2 Server
Hyper-V