Atlantic;612612 Wrote:
> (very) new poster here, and may I first apologise if I have posted in
> the wrong forum?
>
> Happily running SBS (on linux) and a few SBRs, and am very impressed by
> the system.  I was thinking of getting a Marantz MCR603 (looks quite
> good to me)
>
> [not permitted to post the link, but the device is on the Marantz
> site]
>
> and wondered whether it could be used as a player on my SBS?
>
> It has a network port, and is (definitely) DLNA certified but I cannot
> see from the downloaded manual whether it will 'only' work with DLNA
> systems or whether it could also work with SBS's ...stream.mp3 as an
> HTTP player.  (I realise an SBR could drive it anyway, and probably
> very nicely since the MCR603 has an optical input.)  As I understand
> it, SBS can act as a DLNA client, but not act as a DLNA server (though
> there is a DLNA 'intermediary' application - which works on Windows,
> but not Linux).  Hence, I assume that this Marantz unit could only
> connect to SBS as an HTTP device using ...stream.mp3
>
> Has anyone any experience of this unit?
>
> I'd be grateful for any opinions
>
> regards, Atlantic

Welcome to the fun.

I don't think any Marantz is a player. Players are hardware or software
made or supported by Logitech.

I had a Marantz 1060 years ago. It was a crazy good integrated amp
decades ago.

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless