sebp;614063 Wrote:
> I have made some experiments on my system with my ears, where I just
> could not hear any difference between standard and hires files.
> I wish I could, but I honestly couldn't.

I think it's pretty clear the differences are anything but
earth-shaking. From my experience, the difference is not there for 99%
of the music and in that 1% where it is audible, the difference is so
small it's easily missed. Think of it as the need for a car having 10
gears. In most situations it really doesn't make a difference from a
standard car having just 5 gears but in some limited very specific
cases it may be the possibility of having an extra gear in between the
normal 4 and 5 may bring a very small advantage to the table.

--
Griffin