Thanks for the replies, guys.  I don't have any custom channels yet, so
my only experience is with the mediafly ones such as Science and
Technology.  As I only have a SB3, I can't verify that streaming works
properly on other SB devices.  As I said in my OP, I am currently using
the latest version of SBS (7.5.3), but the "Play channel" function has
not worked for me with many previous versions of the F/W.  Also note
from my previous post that this is the case using MySB and various
operating systems on 3 different computers.  It would be helpful to
know if anyone else can play a channel with a SB3 without it stopping
after the 1st item in the playlist.

--
raglencross