I can probably pull together an equivalent routine for windows systems
that will work across all current windows platforms. But I won't be
able to get to it until next week. Helping the spouse move her place of
work this weekend.

It's a good idea, what this routine does. I didn't mean to be
disparaging it in a previous post. It's just that we must realize what
it does (and more importantly, does not) test.

But I think the idea would make an excellent test bed for regular
performance regression testing. That is, once a week or so, download
the latest nightlies, run a standardized script of enquiries against a
standardized configuration (static set of music files not otherwise
used), and see if performance changes on any of the enquiries. If it
improves, great. If it takes a sudden nosedive, that's an early warning
that something in that code path needs attention (or perhaps it's a
known thing, because it's supporting new function). Anyways, it's a
warning system.

Michael

--
Michaelwagner