The router is a Belkin N+ at one end of the house with a Hawking
wireless extender at the other end of the house.  Both are using
channel 1, maybe I should try switching one of them to another channel?
The 5 radios are connected to the Hawking (because they don't like the
Belkin) 3 Booms are connected to the Belkin and the Touch is on
ethernet. The house is all brick ~2400 sqft. and the walls are wood 2x4
studs covered with drywall. Because I have two access points, all
players have at least a 75% wifi signal.

@toby, I can sync 4 players fine, it's when I have all 8 or 9 synch'd
and the FLAC is over 20meg when the problem occurs.

Is it possible to add a second extender to a wifi network?  I would
certainly consider that option if it means I don't have to limit the
bitrate.  I'm not an audiophile, but definitely can tell a big
difference when playing my FLAC files vs. my MP3's.

--
realcodeguy