I have a Radio attached via wireless and a Touch attached via Ethernet
to a Synology NAS running the squeezebox package.
My music is separated into two folders- MP3's and FLAC.
I have about 30GB files in the MP3 Folder and 15GB files in the FLAC
(ie the flac has much fewer albums). As you can guess, I am
transitioning from MP3 to FLAC. However, it is bothering me that i am
not even 20% into the process and yet both units have already slowed
down in accessing the music folder and navigating through the music and
playing the songs. The slowdown is noticeable and everything is now
taking few seconds longer. Is this going to get worse over time as i
keep adding FLAC files? Thats going to be a real disappointment.

Also, I experimented with making the "mother" folder (MP3+FLAC) the
default NAS folder for music. That was a complete disaster. Navigation
took forever. And there was even frequent buffering on the ethernet
connected Touch. and the album art pictures would never show up. (they
showed up when the songs played though). However, when i reverted back
to the flac only folder, I started seeing album art again and of course
navigation was faster. Nevertheless, navigation has slowed down since i
have been adding flac files. Honestly 15gb is nothing when it comes to
music stored on Flac files.

I am running squeezecenter off a Synology NAS 110j.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
branon