realcodeguy;625039 Wrote:
> I got as far as The Best of the Counting Crows when I hit a 57mb FLAC
> and the players started to hiccup again.

The size of the file should really have nothing to do with Squeezebox's
ability to stream it. You stream a little until the buffer fills
sufficiently, then as the buffer runs out, you stream a little more,
play, stream, buffer. The size of the file is so much bigger than the
buffer that it should matter little if it's a 5 MB file or a 57 MB one.

> The only side effect I've discovered is that my HTPC's wireless Adesso
> keyboard lags big time when the players are streaming.  Not sure if
> I'll be able to fix that unless it's a channel conflict but, I've
> always heard never use a channel for an AP other than 1, 6 or 11.
> Thoughts?

That's just bad advice. You should operate on whichever channel is
cleanest. Channels 1, 6 and 11 don't overlap, so in your case, where
you're using three  distinct channels on three APs, it may be the best
choice, but if you were running just one or two APs in an areas where
other wireless networks might interfere then some other channels may be
better. Try running a program like inSSIDer on a laptop to get a good
idea of which channels are being used around you.

--
JJZolx