It's certainly cheap enough.

I considered an Archos internet tablet some while back, but got scared
off by all the negative comments in the user forums (which I found as
part of researching the device and didn't save).
They may have improved, and they may just have a bunch of whiny users.

I would suggest that you think a couple of times about a tablet as
large as 10". It turns out to be inconveniently large for a tablet,
even though that's absurdly small for a win/lin screen. FWIW, I'm
considering selling my g-tab and getting something smaller (maybe a
nook color that I can re-ROM as I now realize I don't care -that- much
about performance.)

I'd also suggest you stick to devices that have a community and that
are supported by at least one alternative ROM. Otherwise you're stuck
with whatever modifications the manufacturer shipped it with.

--
bobkoure