Hi, I have a Squeezebox Classic v3 connected to an Outlaw Audio RR2150
receiver via Blue Jeans Cable RCA cables. My speakers are Athena AS-F2
tower speakers. The RR2150 has a volume knob that essentially goes from
7 o'clock (mute) to 5 o'clock (maximum volume). When I adjust the volume
during Squeezebox playback it works as intended until it gets to about
10 o'clock. It doesn't really get any louder than this...even if I
crank the volume to 2 o'clock or higher. I think maybe the bass
slightly increases...but overall volume doesn't change. This is strange
because with all my other sources of audio (TV, Xbox 360, Blu-Ray), I
can never even listen to volume past 12 o'clock. 11 o'clock with all
these other sources is INSANELY loud.

I would like to be able to play the Squeezebox louder but I don't know
why I'm having this problem. I do have the volume set to "100%" via the
Squeezecenter software and have verified this via the Squeezebox's
on-screen menu. Does anybody know what could be wrong? By the way I
tried switching inputs on my receiver but it still has the same
problem.

Also, what's the best sounding firmware and version of
Squeezecenter/Slimserver/SqueezeboxServer for stereo audio fidelity? Is
the most current as good as any? I currently use Firmware 127 and I
can't find which Squeezecenter version I'm using.

--
kurtphyre